Thursday, October 30, 2008

Is it?

It's just coffee. Right?

I mean, I had three options to get to know the guy. It's a semi-blind occasion. I know what he looks like--we've never met. He has salt and pepper hair (which I think is hot--especially on a young guy), and wears glasses. So maybe this meeting isn't blind, just blurry.

Options: 1) coffee at a lovely establishment downtown; 2) casual stroll through one of the parks in the city (supposed to be good weather on Saturday--he'll bring the coffee); 3) Sunday night at a sushi bar.

Saturday is no good. Dear friend is getting married. Trucking over to the ceremony with some of the gals. Besides, parks=stalkers=death=body parts scattered throughout the underbrush.

Sunday...this could work. I like sushi. And I really like saki.

Coffee sounds most appealing, however. And this is the plan. To chat over endless amounts of late night coffee. Unless one of my besties goes in to labor at some point today, in which case I will spend tonight dressed as a tin-man wandering the streets with sweet little Dorothy in her red shoes filling our plastic pumpkins with cavity inducing substances.

I was freaking out to my sister on the phone. I don't like first dates. Especially first blurry dates. They make me nervous. She probably cursed at me and told me to chill out, and then tried to smooth my insanity by adding--it's not a date--it's just coffee.....right??

In any case, I'll keep you lovelies filled in ;)

*Sorry for the inconsistency with the blogging lately. I've been bad. But I've been so insanely busy around here that I truthfully just haven't had neither the brain energy, nor the creativity to do so. But, it feels good to be back!

9 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

I like sushi on sunday...because it is a little more like a date, but it has the built in out of being on a Sunday. "I have to get going..." doesn't work at 10:00 on a Saturday, but it does on a Sunday!

Anonymous said...

It's about time. Geez!!! And please take pics if you get to be a tin man. Please.

Dolce said...

A first date is the only thing I miss from my single days. Have fun. If it wasn't for the boob grabbing husband, I would change places with you in a heartbeat!

laurwilk said...

I agree with Dolce!

HAVE FUN! Although I'm a bit concerned with the hair. Old guys scare me!

amanda said...

It could work in
many different ways.

Yes. It COULD be just
coffee...but who knows.
It could be a very
"You've Got Mail"
moment...

amanda said...

BUT...I love You've
Got Mail...so go do it.
LIVE IT UP, yo!

Sara Jane said...

I can't wait to hear all about it. Just relax and have the best time!

Kara said...

First dates suck! But you gotta do it - if just to be able to blog about it the next day.

Dreams and Designs said...

Umm hello! Since when do you not mention a whole date prospect with a salt and pepper'ed Gere look-a-like and NOT mention it to one of your besties? Details pleas! I am checking email...
Sheesh!