Sunday, October 5, 2008

Chicago bound...again

I know it has been a full week since I last posted--that's pretty much uncalled for in the blogosphere, I know. Now, I am going to have to bust out my usual excuse--I have been busy! I was in Minneapolis for a few days and then back and then working and then packing and then finding a rental car and then going on a date or two and then packing and then sleeping and then heading this way--to my sister's, where I am staying the night on my way to Chicago tomorrow. I decided I should come over early to hang out with my sis, BIL and Em. Haven't seen them in a while.

The roommate and I had a bunch of work people over on Friday night after work. It was a pretty decent time! Our favorite thing to do is get drunk and play catchphrase. Anyway, there was lots of food, too much drinking, and too little sleep. We all had to be at work for an event at 7:30 on Saturday morning. Yikes. I was freakin' tired last night.

Anyway, "he" took me on a motorcycle ride. Which was an interesting first time hanging out. You can't get around the awkward first, like, touching a person when you actually have to hang on for dear life. Then we went to dinner. And last night we went to dinner again, and a movie. He's cute. But I'm not getting the hopes up--who knows what will happen.

I hate my sister. While I was out with him, she was witnessing miracles. Miracles by the name of Kathy Griffin. And her life. On the D List. That bitch. She went to see my idol and didn't even bother to get me a ticket. Hatred burns deep in this veins. I would never do such a thing to her. Anyway, she says she was wonderful. As if there was any question. I'll be resentful and bitter until the day I die, very likely.

Alright, I gotta get a drink.

I'll write you all from Chicago. I hope you're still reading considering I took a ridiculously long hiatus. Love you all.

Oh, and Amanda, I am driving a Dodge Avenger this week--it's fast.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

DON'T EVEN GO THERE SISTER. We looked at tickets. They were spendy. I fell into mine and didn't plan on going. YOU WATCH IT. IF I was the one in control of the tickets and was the inviter instead of the invitee, I would have asked you. BUT since I wasn't, I didn't. And I didn't bring you anything because there was NO MERCH!!! Don't hate for too long. It will make you bitter:)

amanda said...

Motorcycles scare
the living daylights
out of me. Eeek.

I LOVE Catchphrase.
And am way too intense
when it comes to it.
Sounds like a GREAT
time you had.

Mmm. I'd throw a shoe
at my sister. Giggle.

You best be writing
while you're in Chicago.
Safe flight and have
a kick-butt time!

(And a date or two...wooooooo!)
I like that!

Sara Jane said...

What a fun little date you had my dear!

Have so much fun in Chicago!

Mandy said...

Catchphrase is fun. Drunk catchphrase even more so. Have fun in Chicago!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have fun in Chicago! I went there over the summer and had an awesome time.

Bayjb said...

Hey you're coming to my city! Drive safe and I am keeping my fingers crossed for sun. I can't believe your sister went and saw Kathy Griffith. Jealous.

Dolce said...

Okay. Just from reading this one post I think we could be best friends.

Why?

Drunk Catchphrase. It's my go to drunk game. Love it!

I can't believe you went on a motorcycle ride for your first date. Cool, but I completely understand the hanging-on-to-a-man-you-don't-really-know thing.

Tiff Hummel said...

a.) tell your sister she's on my b$@tch train, too, after seeing miss griffin...JEALOUS!!
b.) dodge avengers may drive fast, but their seats suck @$$ - hard as a brick
c.) i noticed you had a PT cruiser last week...you rent as often as i do & you don't put up with that...i just tell 'em i won't drive 'em & to give me somethin' else, LOL.
d.) toll booths...i've flown through them many times while working chi-town. as a matter of fact, i've received letters in the mail w/ pictures of my rental car license plates asking for the $...nothing has happened since.
;) happy travels & THANKS for covering the MN one for me!

laurwilk said...

Hi lover love. Hope you are enjoying the trip to Chicaaago. I want to hear about date #2.

How would you feel if you were referred to as the 'fat twin'? Hahahahahahaaaa.