Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lovely.

My day today, it was just that. Lovely.

I spent several hours meandering the streets of downtown Chicago. I popped my head into a bunch of stores and perused the shelves. I saw a couple gals with bags from H&M and so popped out the blackberry to figure out where this store was. (I must say, investing in a blackberry was a wise, wise move.) I found H&M and Urban Outfitters, etc. It was at H&M that I found happiness. In a dress. A lovely dress. A black dress. With wonderful polka dots. And a great neckline. A dress that I cannot find a picture of online to show you the wonderful-ness of. Alas.

Downtown is wonderful. Bayjb, I found your lion from your picture. I knew I had seen it somewhere, and then, it clicked! I wandered through Millenium Park, and scooped through the Bean--it made me dizzy, a little.

After getting out of town, I hopped on the 88 and at the toll-booth, I was met with another lovely moment. I know, interesting setting, right? A very cute boy, surprisingly, was working the booth. He had dark skin and dark hair and dark eyes. Yum. Anyway, after I ask for my reciept, he asks me, "what color are your eyes, naturally?" To which I respond, "these are them!" to which he gives me the "ok" sign with his hand, and says, "they are beautiful." So are you, toll booth boy, so are you. If there wasn't a line of cars behind me, I would so stay and chat with you. Kiss kiss.

Then, I made my way to the Yorktown shopping center and decided it was time for a new 'do. I stopped at a random salon, and they had time for me. Lovely. A funky chick came out of the back room to cut my hair--I knew it was going to be good. And it is. I hacked it off, and I love love love it. I don't know how much--maybe 4 inches off the back? Needless to say, I am in hair lust. I might have to make regular trips back to this city to visit Melissa.

Finally, I took the advice of one of my coworkers and grabbed some food at Portillos. He told me to get the Italian beef with hot peppers--it was freaking amazing. Seriously, so good. After a quick trip to Target to grab some tights--for the new dress--I found my way back to the lovely hotel I am a resident of this week.

Now, must get work done!!! :)


P.S. Thanks for your advice yesterday. You gals are awesome.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me want to visit Chicago even more than I always have. I was asked if my eyes were my real color this week too. Is it really that common to have colored contacts?

Bayjb said...

Hey there! Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you were able to find the Art Institute lion (aka me) and that you got to go shopping. Nice day! Thank goodness you missed the rains last night.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip, glad you are back home. I'm sure you are missed when you're gone! GB :)

Accidentally Me said...

You make me want to visit Chicago, too...AND I LIVED THERE FOR 18 YEARS!!!

I am impressed with the spontaneous haircut...I have to plan those things out a little more than that!

Kara said...

Your post actually makes me miss traveling. (just a little and don't tell Deb) Pic of the hair please.

Dreams and Designs said...

Sounds like an awesome time. I think you already have a polka dot dress??? And can't wait to see the hair!

laurwilk said...

4 inches? Holy shit, woman.

Going back to the senior year days, huh.

Dolce said...

4 inches? Rock on! By the way, do you want to trade days? Because I really want yours!

amanda said...

Awww! I love your
toll booth boy
story! How cute.
And creepy, perhaps?
Mmm. I've had my fair
share of creepers through
those things. But since
you said he was a good
looking guy, then wooo!
Right? Haha.

Sounds like a successful
time! I NEED to visit
Chicago!