Saturday, September 6, 2008

Are you ready...


for some football?

It feels like fall in Iowa--sleeping with the windows open and sweatpants on is perfect. The mornings are filled with a crisp, cool dampness, and the evenings cool off quickly. This weather automatically makes me think of two things: travel season, and football.

I'll be honest in saying that I am not the most avid football fan. In fact, I rarely watched it ever until my sister got married and her husband made me. I actually enjoy watching now--as long as someone tells me what the hell is going on which team we are supposed to be rooting for.

Anyway, today marks the first football game at my beloved alma mater. It's the perfect day for the first game--the sun is shining, the air is still and the temperature is just right--perfect for jeans and long-sleeved tees. The team has a brand new coaching staff and a whole new group of kids playing the game this fall, and I am so excited to see how it works out! I don't know plays. I know what the quarterback and the kicker do--everyone else just kindof blends together to me and if people start talking about like, linemen and stuff, I get really confused. I don't know what coaches do what, and I don't care! I know enough to tell who is doing well, and ultimately, who wins (which, of course, will be us!!! *knocks on wood* )!!

Enjoy the weekend!!! Happy fall.

6 comments:

Dreams and Designs said...

We just need to play John Madden football on my playstation for like and hour and you'll be a pro at every position on the field!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. You blogged about football.

Auburn Kat said...

I'm not that excited about football at all this year...actually this is probably the least excited I've been about football in ages! Probably because last year at this time I was living in Arkansas and had season tickets to the Hogs and loved every minute of it. Now, I'm back in NY and my life is in such a different place that I don't want to be reminded about football...

Bayjb said...

I am excited about college football season but I'm taking a little time to get into it this year. Give me another week and I'll be ready to go!

laurwilk said...

I am soooooo ready! My fantasy team did quite well this weekend too. YAY!

amanda said...

Yayyy. Fall. So excited.
I love it.