Sunday, August 10, 2008

NYC

Time has flown, and I can't believe that this Thursday I am going to be boarding a plane to go visit Best in NYC. I miss her terribly, and so being able to spend 4 and a half days in the city is so exciting! I can't really remember the last time I actually laid eyes on Best. We've both been doing our seperate things since college and it's been far too long since we've actually seen each other.

However, we're really good at keeping in touch thanks to technology: G-chat and text messaging have saved our friendship. We are forever grateful.

I can't wait to sit around and chat--to drink bottles of red wine and eat great food. To plan out the rest of our lives and re-live our favorite memories from our youth! To remember all the nights we spent driving around smoking cigarettes and spying on our crushes. It's going to be such a great trip.

Anyway, I'm off to the city and so excited. This week at work was a little too exhausting and slightly stressful. I've been in a funk. I can't wait to get out of here for a while. Before I know it, the summer is going to be over and we are going to be right back in to the intensity of travel season and I'll be be-bopping all over the place flying here and driving there and trying to remember the last time I spent the night in my own bed.

Also, this is my first time in NYC. I have been wanting to visit since middle school. I am sure Best will have a lot of ideas as far as what we should do--but does anyone else have any secrets about the city? Things I should never pass up?

7 comments:

laurwilk said...

First of all, you saw me at Christmas. You ditched me at the bar to go hang out with a stupid boy. I was relatively black out so no worries, I don't really remember. No biggie, I only flew half way across the world from CAMBODIA to IOWA and then you leave me. Alone. At the bar.

Kidding! Excited to see you.

Anonymous said...

I've never been to NY but have an amazing time!!

Anonymous said...

No, not particularly, but then again, even though I've lived here all my life, I'm not the NYC expert. If you journey the likes of Manhattan, I'm pretty sure you'll find something you like, even though it'll be super expensive.

Sara Jane said...

I hope you have the best time ever!

Anonymous said...

Two restaurants that are a must for you: first, Grimaldi's Pizzeria - a classic in new york pizza! The second is August - this place is right up your alley! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Go, spend lots of money, and have a super fun time. While you are off doing your thing, I'll be at a wedding. Plotting ways to kick your ass for bailing on me. No, but really, have a great time. Em says bring her back something good:)

amanda said...

Have sooo much fun.
I love New York.
I love it a lot.
Live it up.
Hug your best like
a lot...drink up...
and dance like your
Michael Jackson!