Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Funday

Ahhh Monday, I loathe you. The beginning of a new week. The jolt out of bed after a meandering lazy Sunday. The sun shines brighter through my window on Mondays, I am convinced. And my alarm clock (i.e. roomie Sara) speaks louder than usual. The world, in my opinion, is a much darker place on Mondays--the week seems so long and the days I love (Th, Fr, Sa, Su) seem so far away. And for that reason, I loathe Monday.

Today was a typical loatheful Monday. Monday woke up with a serious case of bitchiness and I spent several hours trying to calm Miss Monday down (Monday, personified in my opinion, is an angst filled, mouthy, materialistic high schooler--a little prima donna). Miss Monday wasn't having it. Threw a fit and spit on my shoes. Honestly, work this morning was disasterous. If I said it didn't force a few big heavy sighs and mumbled curses and lots of inside crying, I would be lying. I hate Monday.

Monday misery loves company. Which is why, when I called my dear friend Kara, I felt relief. Her first full sentence (after venting about the struggles of her inability to find the margins tab on the new Microsoft word) was--I believe you mentioned wine on my deck tonight, right?! Duh. What else would a gal do with a lousy Monday. Comfy shorts and a big glass of red. Monday, you don't seem quite so bad after all. Just kidding. I still hate you, but the wine helps.

Anyone else? Anyone?

4 comments:

Bayjb said...

God I hate Monday. I was on the bus to work today already wishing it was Friday. Fortunately the office closes early Friday and we're off Monday. Woo! Ugh at least tomorrow is another day.

Anonymous said...

Wine on the deck? or whine? (I agree, Monday is my LEAST favorite day!) GB )

amanda said...

Hey! I have a friend Kara,
too. Just wanted to throw
that out there.

Monday's ARE awful. But
okay. I don't work...so
Monday is really just
another day for me.
(Don't throw a shoe at meee.)

But when I was in school...
Mondays made me feel physically
ill. The worst. Seriously.

And I'm sorry it was
so lousy for ya'. Pshh.
Tomorrow, I just know it,
will be SO much better!

I hope the wine helped...and
just think...Monday is
over! Holllla.

laurwilk said...

I know this is going to sound obnoxious but I'm really not trying to be. I like Monday.

I don't like Sunday. I think the anticipation of the Monday is worse than the actual day. Which is why I don't like Sunday. That, and we were never allowed to take naps in my house on Sundays. We had Sunday Night Family Meeting on Sunday and that usually wasn't a joyous occassion. Most of my 'talks' with my Dad in THE OFFICE happened on Sunday. So, I like Monday.

My favorite part about Monday; I have fresh clothes to wear to work and it's easy to get ready!