Friday, June 27, 2008

Team Griffin

I've decided that it's time for my life to be headed in a different direction. I need a new goal--something to be working towards. As I was sitting and watching television the other night, I had an epiphany. I decided exactly where I need to go--where my life needs to be headed. I decided, after a lot of thinking, what I need to do.

I need to be Kathy Griffin's new assistant. I need to join Team Griffin. Seriously. Kathy needs another member of the team. And that person is me. It would be a win win for both of us. Kathy is hilarious. She makes me laugh. She says the off color things I wish I could say, but only think. She's sarcastic. She's raunchy. She's fantastic. And if I worked for her, I would get that interaction daily. I would also get to travel, and I'm sure I'd laugh a bit. She also gave her staff brand new blackberrys and I am sure I would get one of those. Plus I would get to move to California and hang out in her sweet house.

And, well, she needs me, too. I'm funny. I know how to work. I know how to travel. I'd make a good groupie. I'd laugh at her jokes and boost her ego on a daily basis. I would also tell her when her hair looks shitty which is something her current staff is lacking on. I would drink wine with her mom--even if Maggie wanted it out of a box, I would take that bullet.

So, I need a few ideas as to how to go about landing this job. I've decided I will blog about Kathy regularly, and possibly email her every day for a year (a la the Notebook) and hope she reads them. Maybe I'll even send her snail mail. Aside from that, I am out of ideas, but I suppose it's a start.

Happy Friday, from the newest soon to be member of Team Griffin.

5 comments:

Sara Jane said...

I love this idea! After a while, let me know where to send my email/snail mail in your support!

Anonymous said...

Your friend Sara Jane has a good idea.....could we all write letters of support for you? As well as you write the letters? That might make a good impression!

laurwilk said...

I know we see eye to eye on most things, but I do not 'get' you with this kind of stuff.

She is ANNOOOOYING. I read this on Friday and then watched over the weekend -- just to make sure I was sure. She makes me nuts. Not funny. I did not chuckle, chortle, laugh....nothing!

I suppose it wouldn't be any fun if we were exactly the same though, huh!

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!! Lauren, watch her again. Have a beer while you do it. She's freaking hilarious. It took me a bit to love her, but I love her like Jamie loves her. Give her another chance!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Yeah, go for it. She makes you laugh, you would make her laugh... Let me know where to send the reference. GB :)