Saturday, June 14, 2008

Anywhere.

It's my typical weekend with the family. The first tears have just been shed. Now I am getting a guilt trip, along with my sis. We are bad people, apparently. Now, I am finding angry videos on youtube and listening to them hoping they'll work as therapy.

Sometimes I want to jump through the computer screen and swim through youtube. I could be wherever I wanted to be. I could be in this Jack's Mannequin video, I could be hanging out with Chelsea Lately, I could be tripping out with Regina Spektor or Amy Winehouse. I could be anywhere.

Instead, I am here.

4 comments:

Dreams and Designs said...

Lint licker.

Anonymous said...

I love the YouTube, My favorite? the evolution of dance. Makes me laugh everytime! GB :)

E said...

You get to pick how you respond. My own mother was a bitter cocktail of anger and regret. Eventually I figured out she was the unhappy crabby one. And I learned a couple of great and useful lines.."I only have about fifteen minutes for this conversation. Is this really what you want to talk about now?"
Try it. It worked for me....

laurwilk said...

Ha, typical Olberding-ness.

Remember, the grass is always greener on the other side. At least your family gets to take naps and can wake up after 8 am!