Wednesday, November 12, 2008

You've Got Mail

And it went a little something like this....

At 9:19 PM yesterday Mr. Converse* wrote:

"Hi Jamie.

I hope your week is going well so far. I had a great time last Saturday. The drive home was less than pleasant but it was still good to see you.

That being said I need to mention something. My Ex from last summer called me on Sunday and asked for us to get together this week. From the sounds of it she'd like to try to get back together. I'm not sure if I want to right now but there may be that possibility. We're going to talk about it after the trial.

I think it would be disingenuous for me to say that I still don't harbor some feelings there. I don't know what's going to happen but if we decide to get back together I don't want to lead you on. I hope you understand but it's probably best that we curb the dating for now.

That being said I think you're amazing: beautiful eyes, a wonderful laugh and, frankly, a great kisser. I hope you don't resent me and I hope you've had a good couple dates. Who knows, maybe we'll see each other again.

Take care,
Mr. Converse*"

*Names have been changed to protect identity

Thank goodness for my lovely friends who talked me through the disappointment. Especially one of my besties who was/is in a hospital bed trying to have a baby (that there is friendship, my dears!)! Bleh. I am disappointed. It's a fact. As much as I tried to find the cons--as you all saw, I actually enjoyed his company and very much liked what I knew of him--converse shoes and all.

I suppose we should add one more con to the list: Still loves ex girlfriend.

But on the bright side, there will be a new little baby in my life at some point today!

11 comments:

laurwilk said...

Better things lie ahead!

Kara said...

Well at least you have friends you love you very much and you can continue being the strong woman you are.

Accidentally Me said...

I will actually find the positive in this...

Things aren't gonna work with the Ex. Really, does it ever? And when it ends this time, he will be better prepared to move on without any of those harbored feelings. And, if you are still interested then, maybe you will be able to pick up in a better spot than you would now.

So, I would say to leave it on a good tone... "I understand, hope you can find what you are looking for". You never know when things may come around again.

Dolce said...

What a dissappointment. And he had to write it in an e-mail!! Well, usually I'm not this bitter, but I hope he's dead wrong about the ex and she's meeting him to get the designer shoes she left under the bed.

That was mean. I'm sorry.

There are better things about there. At least he was sweet and didn't lead you on.

Even the nice guys disappoint.

amanda said...

Yayyy to the new little
punkin to be brought to
this world. And holla to
that excellent friend of
yours.

Bummer on the guy. How
very disappointing indeed.
BUT...that means he just
wasn't for you. And hey...
anything can happen.

I guess it was nice of him
to give you the heads up.
Rightttt? Mmm.

And I so love the movie,
You've Got Mail.
Swooon.

CHIN UP, love face!

Auburn Kat said...

That is a disappointment but you don't want to be with a guy who still has another woman on his mind. It's also a good thing that he was upfront and honest with you about the situation!

EP said...

That's really disappointing, but it's a good thing it happened now than later in the relationship. And at least you have fantastic friends to help you through it. *hugs*

Bayjb said...

That is so disappointing. I'll get my golf club and we'll go find him. Well I'm glad your friends were there to help and this guy is just one fish in the sea.

Kyla Bea said...

Oh bull!!

But that's so much better than being lead on, or having him figure it out on the fly. It sounds like you guys had a solid friendship if he felt like he could talk to you that frankly.

Stay in touch! It sounds like he's one you could keep in your life, even just to see what happens.

Feel better lady, that's still brutal. I vote you treat yourself. Big time.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... dating is hard.

Famously Single said...

It's called a break-up because it's over...he should really read that book. I predict he will be calling soon and not e-mailing, how lame!