Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

This hasn’t exactly been the most amazing day.

Last night I dreamed, for some reason, that my house flooded and my room filled up with sewage. It was disgusting, naturally. And quite the dream to wake up to at 3 am.

Then, I didn't get up until 7:30. This is a problem when you have to be at work at 8. So, I threw on wrinkled clothes and didn’t even get to wash my hair. It was pretty classy.

Finally, I made it to work at 5 after 8, only to find out that my friend had a dream too. A dream about me. And an affair I was having. With. John. McCain. Honestly. John. McCain. Of all people. How could my friend even dream this? How would these thoughts even pass into her mind? I mean, come on, I think I deserve a little more credit than that. She should know I would never have an affair with a republican! Anyway, I guess that he dropped out of the presidential race because of our little tryst. And, People Magazine offered me 50 million dollars for the story—which I gleefully accepted. After this story, I was snapped back into reality and realized that I was sitting here, in my office, smelling a little bit like B.O. and nowhere near 50 million dollars richer.

Then, my friend dropped in, surprisingly, to say hi! It was a great surprise as he is living nearly 5 hours away. I was super happy to see him and then he says that he has been in town for 5 days—at this point, I realize that he didn’t bother to call for FIVE DAYS! I then got in a big fight with him and told him to jump off the 3rd floor of the building. He declined. Sadly.

This afternoon I was having a conversation with one of my coworkers because he has seemed a little anti-social lately. He’s been on a Slim-Fast diet for the last few weeks and so I figured he was just hungry. We talked about it and he said that he wasn’t. So, I said, well, I think you could stand to get a little more social, you know, like you used to be….he said, “I think you could go die.” I think he was serious.

So, that’s sort of just how today’s been going. Hopefully the evening brings a little more light. I’m going to go for a run. Odds are I’ll break an ankle or get hit by a car.

10 comments:

laurwilk said...

I dreamed of you last night also. No joke. We ended up not being best friends anymore because we went kayaking and you were upset with me because this was 'NOT WHAT YOU WERE HOPING TO DO IN NEW YORK'. I would have told you about that today on gchat but obviously that wasn't working out so well.

Sara Jane said...

Tomorrow is a new day! He's wishing you big sexy dreams...well at least better than a republican!

xoxo

Dreams and Designs said...

Don't take it personally, it's the Slimfast talking- hoe's out of his mind!! :)

megabrooke said...

John McCain?! Oh noooo! He doesn't even have good hair!!!

Thanks for stopping by my digs! Are you a friend of SJ's? If so, I know I'll like your blog! :)

Ms. Megan said...

Those days are the worst and really John McCain? that is a pretty hilarious dream too bad you can't just get the money out of it! Thanks for stopping by my blog hope you return! I will be back to read yours!

Anonymous said...

LOL That is such an amazing dream, and wow about your co-worker. Slim Fast brings out the beast in all of us.

Here's hoping that even if you do break your ankle today that a *really* cute doctor patches you together tomorrow = )

Auburn Kat said...

That is an interesting dream!! I would have gladly taken the money too! =)

Anonymous said...

That's funny. You love John McCain. I knew you always did....you love his wrinkliness don't you? And be nice to your friend on Slim Fast....I'm cranky when I'm hungry too. :)

Dreams and Designs said...

What's WACKY is a blog that is 5 days old! Or WACK more like...

E said...

Jung would ask you what shit is flooding your life. He might offer that your subconscious is giving er, umm strong messages so that you won't get washed away while you are awake...
from your bloggy pal, an old jungian psych major...

and tell your friend, to remember it's her dream, her brain, so John McCain represents some part of her having an affair or a connection with whatever she thinks of when she thinks of you.the part of her most like you...(are you her wild side, her sisterly or motherly self etc....)
this is the Reader's Digest version of course
some part of her may be flirting with something old..(from her past maybe) and conservative