Monday, July 28, 2008

Ugh.

First thing's first: I'm a brunette. And I'm loving it.

Secondly, I am dragging arse today. It was possibly the longest day of my work life, ever. It was virtually impossible to drag my lazy self out of bed this morning and all I wanted to do was sleep for 20 more minutes because I had stayed up too late reading New Moon (the 2nd of the Twilight books).

I learned a valuable lesson this weekend...if you party with people who have children, be prepared to wake up at 6 am. Now, I know this. I have lived this lesson a thousand times since my niece has been born, but this is the first time I have really actually felt like I got run over by a bus, thrown off an over-pass, and had my brain scraped through a cheese-grater. I feel like hell today and the only thing I can relate it back to is the staying up far too late, and drinking far too much on Saturday night, only to find out that people with children somehow become super human and go to bed at 2am, only to wake up four hours later completely rested and acting totally normal. It is beyond me.

I should have known better--if I had, I would have been to bed early last night. I would have put the book down , stopped thinking about Edward and Bella, and drifted into a peaceful sleep. I wouldn't have drank that last beer on Saturday, and I would have come home and went straight to bed for a nap on Sunday. What was I thinking? Oh, that's right, I'm 23, and I can.

I think I am getting old. It is because of this that my body doesn't function as it used to. And, I know, I'm only 23. It must suck to get even older.

5 comments:

Dreams and Designs said...

A) We only sat through 5 hours of meetings today I can't imnagine why that wasn't uber exciting?

B) NOW you get why I have to really be having a good time to stay up- cuz I'm going to have hell to pay for it the next morning!

Anonymous said...

I second Beth's comment about having a really good time to stay up....if it's only sort of fun....it's not worth it. And we aren't well rested the next day. We are faking it because we have to. That's all. And yes, you should be used to it. I'm sure it doesn't get easier. I'll tell Em and the dogs to wake at 530 next time you are here:)

Anonymous said...

And way to go with the hair. You could at least post a pic for your faithful readers to see.

Bayjb said...

Welcome back to the brunette club. It's warm and fuzzy here.

Ugh I hate it when the kids wake you up early the next day. I've thrown shoes at the bedroom door (closed) to scare them off.

Anonymous said...

If you feel like you're getting older this early in life, you're in trouble.