Monday, April 21, 2008

OMG

My latest guilty pleasure: Gossip Girl on the CW...Monday nights 7pm

It makes me feel like my high school years were completely normal compared to how effed up this show is. Seriously, these girls are fifty times meaner than all the girls I went to high school with (well, one might have competed, but for the most part). Seriously. They are evil. They are manipulative, neurotic, evil little beings.

Here's how it works. There's Blair, and she hates everyone, especially Serena, the blonde. Serena dates Dan, but her mom is also married to Chuck's dad. Chuck again, is basically inherently evil...or so we think...this week we got a little sneak peek at the fact that he might be a little more sensitive than he lets on. Anyway, Serena(who dates Dan)'s little brother also just got out of rehab because he liked the drugs. Dan and his little sister are the token poor kids who go to the uppity private school across town and try as hard as they can to fit in despite the huge difference in their socioeconomic statuses. Their dad is way to good looking to be a dad. In fact, all the guys in this show are incredibly good looking.


The truth is, it isn't the drama that keeps me coming back week after week. The thing is, I have a huge crush on Chuck. He's hot. I mostly like the manipulative, sinister, mean side of Chuck. I don't need the wimpy Chuck that acts like he actually has feelings. Pssh.

Seriously. I know, the show is totally teeny-bopper, but seriously, if you ever want closure on how ridiculous your high school years were, this is the way to go. You'll feel normal for the first time in ten years, and the eye candy is worth drooling over...

No comments: