Thursday, March 6, 2008

Listen, Missy

I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know. You're shocked. But it's true--I see a lovely weekend ahead of me, and it's so close I can almost taste it. I'm trying to not be bitter about the fact that the high is like 12 degrees all weekend. Effing cold. I'm sick of it. SICK. I've told you all my job is exhausting me--I mean, really, like down to the core exhausting--like falling asleep in the middle of conversations, skipping the last half of Law and Order, going to bed at 9pm exhausting. And, I hear it's only going to get worse.

That kind of exhaustion can make one feel a little down, and honestly, a little bitchy (okay, a lot bitchy). Watch out. At work, people's fuses get a couple inches shorter than they usually are. Giving each other crap becomes dangerous as you're not sure if the other is as willing to take it as they were last month. It's kind of like walking across a field scattered with land mines...one best be careful where they step or your whole lower body could be shredded. The obvious answer to stay safe? Keep a safe distance, and walk carefully. So that's what we're doing.

But tomorrow is Friday, and do you know what that means? I'm leaving at noon and heading north to spend the weekend with my friend Linz (that's me in the middle, Linz to the right, and roommate Lucy on the left). Linz lives in Minneapolis--we haven't seen each other in quite awhile, and should get together more often. The reason for this reunion, excitingly enough, is a concert by the amazing Missy Higgins. She's going to be in Minneapolis, and Linz decided we should definitely get together for this as Linz is the one who introduced me to Missy in the first place.
So, finally, tomorrow, I'm taking a break. I'm doing my "break dance" right now----bwhahahahaha gosh I'm funny. Albeit a short break, it's a break nonetheless. And I'm super eXciTeD!!!!! I'll leave you with a little Missy Higgins--I doubt you'll be disappointed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that land mine/body split in 2 a reference to that terrible email I showed you yesterday??

If so, you are one disturbed b-hole to capitalize on half-a-man's tragedy! :)

A

Anonymous said...

I just listened to Missy Higgins via this blog post. She wasn't too bad... Though, it might take some time before I come around to her work. Don't be too disappointed in me, Jamie. Please don't judge me either. Yours truly.