Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Consequence Free

I was reading Sara Jane's blog, and ran across her post called 'Consequence Free.' I was inspired to think about the things I would do if there were no consequences, and although some of mine are the same as hers, I am going to recreate the list for myself in this blog (you should head her way to check hers out, too!).

I want to live overseas--anywhere, London, Thailand, Australia, Prague--I don't care where, but while I am gone I don't want to miss a second of what my little niece Emerson is learning to do!

Scratch that. I actually want to live my life as a backpacker--staying in new places every couple of nights...hitching rides on trains...sleeping in different hotels...eating the local cuisine...meeting the locals...and of course, not pay a penny for it! :)

I want to drive fast at all times and never get a ticket.

I want to eat all the bread and pasta (and drink all the beer) one can put in front of my face, and never have to worry about my pants fitting!

I want to tell you I know your secret.

I want to sleep until I wake up in the morning without an alarm--and never be late to work!

I want to go hole up in a little country cabin in the northwest and write a novel.

I want to speak my mind--to say what I am feeling at all times.
I want to love freely.

I want to go to graduate school--without the stress of bills and loans and rent and all the rest hanging over my head.

I want to dive in headfirst and hope for the best--while refusing to acknowledge my doubts.

What would you do?

3 comments:

E said...

I love the question. I am going to do it with my kids and see where we get.
And really backpacking suits you. You should give it a whirl before life gets too full with traveling companions and big bills....

Sara Jane said...

I want to sleep until I wake up and not be late to work too! I love thinking of this. Thanks for the shout out!

laurwilk said...

I'd reconsider that backpacking business. After living in Cambodia and essentially backpacking all the time, I feel it is not all it's cracked up to be. I prefer the five star life by night and the backpacker life by day.

Although if I had you by my side, I could probably handle the backpacking bit. I suppose it's all about having a good companion. Want to go to Texas? Hahahaha.