Wednesday, December 3, 2008

You gotta have friends....

If you ever have a day that leaves you feeling like this:

I have decided the best solution is to call up your best friends. Although we live only 28 minutes from each other, we don't see each other as often as we should, so I was especially excited when these lovely ladies met me last night for dinner, and we had a blast--we laughed, caught up, shared disgust over the nasty sauce the waitress brought Danielle (seriously, sick), harassed Lucy about her newest boy, it was lovely. The photos below pretty much sum up my dear friends' personalities to a T--Lucy's changes depending on the topic of choice ( the closed mouth smirk was from when I started razzing her about the Iraqi war veteran who will *hopefully* become her husband soon; the excited one with her hands in the air came from our conversation about mud wrestling a cute boy in the rain--Lucy, not me; and the final one where she looks disgruntled came on as we decided that we had to get going. Danielle, true to form, is typically pretty excited, so that picture works, too!).


















Seriously, I have great friends. And I love them. They know that. A girl finds only a few good girlfriends in her life, and I happen to be blessed with some of the best of them! XXXO

12 comments:

Dreams and Designs said...

Ahhh, so fun! I am jealous. You have inspired me to post some pics on my baby blog. It's only a baby blog temporarily mind you but what else am I going to talk about quite honestly? I am a prisoner in my own home!!!

Kara said...

Great pics!

Mandy said...

Looks like fun! I love spending time like that with my friends!

Anonymous said...

You guys are dorks:)

E said...

I predict that you are gonna love it...It isn't parents misbehaving, well not much more than the "Claudia your roots are showing" variety of misbehavior, but still it is a classic.
Once we all went one by one up to our bedroom, me, John, our three kids, and my best friend...one by one. Then we got the horrible snorting giggles and couldn't go back down. Then it had been waaay too long, so we REALLY couldn't go back down. This was our own house mind you.
So eventually of course we did go back down and they had all left. AND in a passive aggressive move that made us very happy they did the dishes before they went!
We made turkey salad, ate all over again, ran out and rented Home and a holiday tradition was born.
First we dumped the relatives, but now we watch it every year after our woodsy hike and thankful round at the dinner table. Then we make a fire grab some pie and settle in. Of course you can no longer hear the TV because we know all the lines by heart and some one of us is always acting out one part or other.
You get two chances at the whole parent kid bond. On the first round you have almost no control but on the second you have an awesome, (in the old fashioned sense of the word), amount of control...So I am making the most of this my second chance. You will too Jamie.
Luckily you are your life manager now, not them. And you get to pick sweetie. From where I sit you look to be picking pretty darn well.....

Auburn Kat said...

I haven't been out with a friend in months!!! I'm hoping 2009 is a better year for me!

Bayjb said...

Those are great pictures! I love spending time with people who make you feel that fun and free

Danielle said...

Well...I too was glad we got together! And as Carrie Bradshaw says, "People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away." Or if you're even LUCKIER, a twenty-eight minute drive. :)
Big Love.

EP said...

That sounds fantastic! You are so lucky to have your best friends close to you so that y'all can get together like that.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me sound more exciting than I actually am. Cannot wait until next time! Lucy

Dolce said...

Haha! The pictures are awesome! I live even closer to my friends and I still don't see them as often as I would like. It's great to have those nights out!

amanda said...

Silly pictures are the best!
Especially when you're in
need of them!