Monday, December 8, 2008

Hunter

Just FYI--today is my ONE YEAR anniversary at this blog! Yay!! Hope you all enjoy this one...

People are constantly trying to set me up and marry me off. "I have a friend for you" "There's this really cute farmer I know" "My nephew is adorable" you get the picture. Here is a conversation that happened between a good friend of mine and me. She's older than me, has a family, and always hounds me about getting married and giving her some "grandbabies." Yeah, right. Anyway, she's got a guy in mind that she wants to set me up with. She's brought him up several times over the last month or two, but nothing has ever come to fruition--she brought him up again today. Here is our e-mail convo after her phone call to tell me that she was back on this lovely idea of hers. Enjoy:


From: Jamie Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 3:03 PMTo: MJ Subject: RE:
He’s not like, churchy, is he?


From: MJ Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 3:11 PMTo: Jamie Subject: RE:
Ok, no.


From: Jamie Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 3:16 PMTo: MJ Subject: RE:
I don’t date really churchy guys


From: MJ Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 3:22 PMTo: Jamie Subject: RE:
I have no indication he’s churchy. Chris is trying to find a photo of him to email me. She thinks she has one of him with a deer he shot??!?!?!?!!??!??!?**!! He could put food on the table. You’d never go hungry.


From: Jamie Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 3:23 PMTo: MJ Subject: RE:
OMG! He's a hunter? Like how often does he hunt? Every season? Like, blood on his clothes all the time, hunts? For Pete’s sake, what do you think I am?


From: MJ Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 3:25 PMTo: Jamie Subject: RE:
Well…..he could find you car keys and missing shoe for you. Don’t you date hunters now? Sheesh….what do you want, a pussy city boy?


From: Jamie Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 3:27 PMTo: MJSubject: RE:
Lol! I’m just saying. Hunting is one thing…being a crazy hunter guy is totally different. I mean, if he’s a "deer heads in every room of the house" kinda guy…. :S

From: MJ Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 3:30 PMTo: Jamie Subject: RE:
You can hang your panties from the antlers.

From: Jamie Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 3:30 PMTo: MJ Subject: RE:
There is something very, very wrong with you.

From: MJ Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 3:32 PM To: Jamie Subject RE:
Ditto, Cabbagehead.

22 comments:

Kara said...

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha. From now on, you will be referred to as Cabbagehead. As long as he doesn't expect you to decorate with his kill, go for it!

Anonymous said...

Ditto... Don't do it. Hunters are crazy-odd, you've met Nathan, you get the picture.

Mandy said...

LOL, that was hilarious. Love MJ's spinning of the situation--you'll never go hungry.

Kylie said...

Oh what the hell, give it a shot! No pun intended... Anyway, if he is a "crazy" hunter guy then, hey, at least you tried! Plus, free meat...JK Deer is yucky!!

Kylie said...

Oh yeah...Happy Anniversary too!! ;)

Bayjb said...

Happy blogoversary! Yay! I think my stepmom wishes there was still arranged marriages so I could be married off without protest.

Wearing Mascara said...

LOL! Love that post - it made me laugh right in front of the computer.

Happy blogaversery too! That's so exciting and I hope I can last that long! :-)

<3 J. said...

Hahaha. Well I guess antlers WITH panties are sexier then pantiless ones, right?

Happy Blogversary!

Anonymous said...

Simply awesome. I've always wanted a deer head in my living room. Maybe a bearskin rug too.

laurwilk said...

DO IT! I'm not kidding. DO IT.

Your DAD is a hunter. My DAD is a hunter. (And we know how you feel about that one.)

Anonymous said...

Lauren-Are you on drugs? Dean is not a hunter!

:)

stillarockstar said...

a. you should post your conversatiions with this friend more often, they're hilarious...quite entertaining! :P
b. i'm not a hunter, but one of my best guy friends is & he's pretty friggin' sweet. ...as long as this dude doesn't pull a dick cheney.
c. uh, what happened to the man-fast?! :P

Dolce said...

CONGRATS!!!

I missed my one year anniversary. Maybe I'll do a half anniversary, like a birthday.

E said...

Okay so I have a hard time with the whole hunting thing too, BUT, well but what if he's like a cowboy hunter?...I mean imagine the swinging scruffy coat and boots and jeans, (sans blood of course), and the wild sex on the bearskin rug in front of the fire...I mean this is at least a maybe....

EP said...

Hahaha! Happy blogoversary!

My boy actually lived with boys who had dead things hanging on the walls of their apartment. (My boy doesn't hunt. Ever.) It was always amusing/kind of creepy going over there. Especially the day one of the roommates brought home a deer head for the wall. *dies*

amanda said...

I don't think I date
hunters either...

Ickkk.

Anonymous said...

Ahem.

I'm that girl. I never thought I would be, but my BF is a hunter. In his family, it's a tradition & they're very respectful of the animal. That helps . . . a little.

As far as the deer head on the wall . . . I haven't yet figured out a way to win that battle. I guess as long as it's his house, that's one I can't win!

Anonymous said...

I'd be lying if I never had a pair of panties hanging from some antlers...*embarrasing*!!!!

Go for it! Could be interesting:)

laurwilk said...

Autumn - Jamie and I already had this discussion. She agrees with you. But I guarantee Dean has hunted on multiple occassions. He lived in Laurens, for pete's sake! People from Laurens HUNT!

Anonymous said...

Lauren---What a generalization about people from Laurens! I didn't think you actually thought such things!!! Now, we don't like it when people say that people from Spencer are snotty (yes they really do say this), so we shouldn't make comments like that about people from Laurens! It's just not nice:)

xoxox

Auburn Kat said...

I keep asking my friends to set me up but they never do! Maybe that's a sign...