Sunday, May 18, 2008

This s*^# is bananas

If any of you have an extra couple hundred dollars to spend, I've got just the thing for you to do with it. Go hang out with my sister.

I took Friday off and spent a couple of days over at her house babysitting my sweet little niece, Emerson. She's 13 months old. Her mom and dad were at a track meet out of town, so my little Bug and I hung out and spent some good old quality time together. We went shopping, and out to lunch; we visited the park and shared a swing. We watched a couple movies she had been wanting to see, and we took a nice long nap. She's a cool little kid, and try as I might, the word Jamie was not going to escape her lips. She's more focused on things like puppy, mommy, daddy, uppy, no, cheese, what's that-- you know, the fundamental words of a toddler.

Anyway, my sister came back after the track meet. She came back and I was telling her about how when Emerson and I went shopping, the last store we went to was really the ONLY one I LOVE to shop in (Banana Republic). Emerson got pissed and threw a huge fit. So I missed my store. My sister was certain that we would find time to go back. And we did.

We always do.

And I always spend way too much money.

And I make irrational purchases.

And she talks me in to shoes I don't need.

And shirts I could live without.

And sandals like the ones she let me borrow.

No, dear sister, I am not blaming you for my uncontrollable monetary spending when you are around. I'm not. Seriously. I'm just offering up your services to the blogosphere--to those women who have the extra cash burning a hole in their pockets. You could be a great help to them!

Let me know if you'd like to benefit from her services. I'll put you in touch.

6 comments:

Kellan said...

I loved hearing about your sweet little Emerson! I love to shop - I could easily hang out with you and your sister!

Have a good week, Jamie - see you - Kellan

Dreams and Designs said...

You are a WEAK excuse for a human being.

I mean sure, you always look super cute... but WEAK nonetheless!

E said...

I moved a thousand miles into the mountains of Vermont at least in part to get away from malls.
It may not be too late for you. You may not require quite so drastic a solution.....
Like a crackhead when I travel, my car drives of its own accord to Eileen Fisher, and my feet always take me right to the Kate Spade bags in whatever city I land.
My name is Ellen and I am a shopper.....

Anonymous said...

Do you really think that I could sell my shopping services? I mean seriously....I could make money spending people's money!!! Yay!!! And for real...you needed that dress and those shirts...and the headbands....well except for the one that I didn't like, but it was only a few bucks:) And I'm sure that you looked cute while you were on your trip....I don't want you to be ugly or anything:) Hugs and Kisses.

Anonymous said...

Sisters are great, I love mine, but she lives too far away to shop with. :( Fortunately I have a wonderful daughter that is an amazing shopper. Lots of fun! :) GB

Anonymous said...

When the little boy I nanny was learning to talk, he refused to say my name (also Jamie). I think it is something with Js but one time, he DID call me Jesus.

What?!